Acai Immune System Defence
The Acai Immune System Defence is a high-potency formulation, which combines Brazilian freeze-dried acai berry powder and extract with a range of other beneficial ingredients, including vitamins, minerals and herbs (such as zinc, vitamin B6, biotin, organic Moringa Oleifera, beetroot and more) to provide for approved EFSA health claims relating to immunity, energy, bones, hair, skin, nails and more (see below). These claims enable you to advertise and promote this food supplement for these proven benefits.
This superfood supplement, Acai Immune System Defence, contains antioxidants (including anthocyanins), which offer cells protection against free radical damage and support the body’s own natural defence systems. Also rich in vitamins, minerals, phyto-nutrients and polyphenols, Acai Immuno Defence offers all-round support for energy, immunity, health and vitality – ideal for slimmers, athletes and diabetics.
The acai berry is one of the healthiest berries that you could possibly find. Acai Immune System Defence it’s packed full of antioxidants, amino acids, fibre, essential fatty acids and vitamins and minerals, meaning that it contains a wealth of health benefits. It has been used for centuries as a healing and energy-boosting fruit, but all of its amazing health benefits have only recently been revealed to the world.
# Approved EFSA health claims:
- Zinc contributes to normal DNA synthesis, normal acid-base metabolism, normal carbohydrate metabolism, normal cognitive function, normal fertility and reproduction, normal macronutrient metabolism, normal metabolism of fatty acids, normal metabolism of vitamin A, normal protein synthesis, the maintenance of normal bones, the maintenance of normal hair, nails and skin, the maintenance of normal testosterone levels in the blood, the maintenance of normal vision, the normal function of the immune system, the protection of cells from oxidative stress and it has a role in the process of cell division. Click here and here for EFSA scientific opinions.
- Vitamin B6 contributes to the normal function of the immune system, the regulation of hormonal activity, normal cysteine synthesis, normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal homocysteine metabolism, normal protein and glycogen metabolism and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. Click here and here for EFSA scientific opinions.
- Biotin contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal functioning of the nervous system, normal macronutrient metabolism, normal psychological function, normal hair and skin and the maintenance of normal mucous membranes. Click here and here for EFSA scientific opinions.
Acai berry:Acai berries have rapidly grown in popularity over recent years, largely because they have beenrecognised in the Western world as being a superfruit. Found only in the Amazon rainforests of Central and SouthAmerica, these berries contain a wide array of vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and antioxidants.Natives of the Amazon have been enjoying their nutritional benefits for many years. In fact, for three traditional Caboclopopulations in the Brazilian Amazon, acai berries make up a major component of their diet – up to 42% of the total foodintake by weight. This fact reflects their high nutrient content.
Acai berries are also beneficial for:
- the immune system: their dark purple pigment contains plant chemicals called anthocyanins (powerful antioxidantsthat are part of the flavonoid family of molecules and are important for neutralising harmful free radicals)
- supporting the heart: acai berries are a rich source of protein and dietary fibre, which are believed to have a protective effect on the cardiovascular system
- lowering cholesterol levels: acai berries are a rich source of Omega 6 and Omega 9 fatty acids, as well as phytosterols, which play an important role in lowering the levels of cholesterol in the blood.
Other health benefits of acai berries include their antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-mutagenic properties.
Moringa oleifera:Moringa oleifera is the most widely cultivated species of the genus Moringa, which is the only genus in thefamily Moringaceae. Common English names include: moringa, drumstick tree (referring to the appearance of the long, slender, triangular seed-pods), horseradish tree (referring to the taste of the roots), ben oil or benzoil tree (referring to the oil which is derived from the seeds). It is a fast-growing, drought-resistant tree, native to the southern foothills of the Himalayas in north-western India, and widely cultivated in tropical and sub-tropical areas where its young seed pods and leaves are used as vegetables.
Beetroot:Beetroot is a rich source of potent antioxidants (such as betanin, the pigment that gives beetroot its deep colour) and other essential nutrients, including magnesium, manganese, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, soluble fibre, calcium, iron, vitamins A, B and C, folic acid and betaine. Beetroot’s carotenoids and flavonoids can help to support liver function, as well as reduce the oxidation of LDL cholesterol, which could lead to damaged artery walls and ultimately heart attacks and strokes. In particular beet fibre has been shown to have cholesterol-lowering capabilities. Similarly, betaine lowers plasma homocysteine, a possible risk factor for cardiovascular disease. Beetroot has also been shown to lower blood pressure and thereby help to prevent cardiovascular problems. This is likely to be because the high content of dietary nitrate in beetroot produces a gas called nitric oxide in the blood, which widens blood vessels and lowers blood pressure.
Pomegranate:Native to Iran, the Himalayas and northern India, the pomegranate is high in vitamins A, C, E and iron, and is often referred to as a “fruity panacea” because of its numerous health health benefits. It is an important traditional remedy in many ancient systems ofmedicine; in Ayurvedic medicine, for example, the rind of the fruit is used against diarrhoea, dysentery andintestinal parasites.
- it is now known that the rind contains ellagitannins that are anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-parasitic,anti-inflammatory and astringent.
Resveratrol:Found in the skin of red grapes and in other fruits, but derived primarily from Japanese knotweed, resveratrol (3,5,4′-trihydroxy-trans-stilbene) is a stilbenoid – a type of natural phenol – and a phytoalexin produced naturally by several plants when under attack by pathogens, such as bacteria or fungi.
- The full effects and health benefits of this powerful antioxidant are currently a topic of numerous studies. Inexperiments to date, anti-inflammatory, blood sugar-lowering and other beneficial cardiovascular effects havebeen reported.
Grape seed extract:Grape seed extract contains a wide array of beneficial constituents, suchas protein, lipids, carbohydrates, polyphenols and high levels of proanthocyanidins, which aresimilar to flavonoids. It also supports heart health by protecting collagen, which is essential for healthyarteries. Studies have shown that the antioxidant power of polyphenols is 20 times greater than vitamin E, and 50 times greater than vitamin C,which makes grape seed extract an ideal means of protecting the body against oxidative and free radical damage. Some people call these polyphenols “nature’s biological response modifiers” because of their ability to help the body fight viruses, allergens, and carcinogens. That means that, among their many benefits, they exhibit anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic and anti-microbial activity.
As such, for best results of Acai Immune System Defence it should ideally be combined with our great-tasting and filling Vegan Superfood protein powder blends which:
- are dairy-free
- are non-GMO
- contain no added sugar
- contain no artificial colours
- contain no artificial sweeteners etc.
100 capsules per pot
1 capsule to be taken 1 – 3 times per day, with or without food
Each capsules provides: %NRV*
Zinc – 1.5mg 15%
Vitamin B6 – 0.21mg 15%
Biotin – 8μg 16%
*NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
Freeze-dried acai berry powder – 100mg
Acai berry extract (equivalent to 1000mg acai berry powder) – 100mg
Organic moringa oleifera powder – 100mg
Beetroot powder – 50mg
Pomegranate extract (equivalent to 240mg pomegranate powder, 8mg ellagic acid) – 20mg
Resveratrol – 5mg
Grape seed extract (equivalent to 2.5mg powder) – 0.025mg
Ingredients: Acai Berry 10:1 extract, Acai Berry Freeze Dried Powder, Organic Moringa Oleifera Powder, Capsule: Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (HPMC) (Vegetarian), Beetroot Powder, Anti-caking Agent: Magnesium Stearate (Magnesium salts of fatty acids) (vegetable source), Pomegranate 12:1 extract (40% ellagic acid), Resveratrol 98%, Zinc Citrate Powder, Vitamin B6 Pyridoxine Hcl, Grape Seed Extract, Vitamin B7 D-Biotin.
Contains no added: artificial colours, flavourings, preservatives, dairy products, gluten, lactose, soya, sugar, wheat or yeast.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Acai Immune System Defence