Vegan Pea Protein Powder Blend
The Green Titan Health Vegan Pea Protein Powder Blend is a high quality pea protein powder (from snap peas), blended with a range of other nutrient-dense superfoods and herbs for added antioxidants, fibre and phyto-nutrients – chicory root extract, green tea extract, dandelion root powder, spirulina powder and acai berry extract.
High in protein and dietary fibre
This unique formula contains a concentrated level of pea protein – from the 6% found in fresh peas up to around 80%, providing 72.2g of protein per 100g. It is high in complete protein (with an excellent amino acid profile), naturally low in carbohydrates, fat and calories and contains no added sugar, salt or other ‘nasties’.
Vegan Pea Protein Powder Blend is a hypo-allergenic, bioavailable and easy to digest formula (no bloating!), it is high in fibre from chicory root extract. An ideal source of protein for those with certain food intolerances / allergies.
What’s more, unlike many other pea protein powders on the market, Vegan Pea Protein Powder Blend contains no hexane or other toxic chemicals, which are often used during the pea protein extraction process. Our pea protein is extracted using only water, pressure and then flocculation.
It is also low in carbohydrates, high in fibre, easily digestible (no bloating), hypo-allergenic and suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Protein contributes to a growth in muscle mass, the maintenance of muscle mass and the maintenance of normal bones.
# Approved EFSA health claims:
- Protein contributes to a growth in muscle mass, the maintenance of muscle mass and the maintenance of normal bones. Click here and here for EFSA scientific opinions.
- Fibre is a key ingredient to a healthy, varied and balanced diet.
Pea protein isolate:
- Peas are a surprisingly rich, low-fat source of highlybioavailable vegetable source protein, which also offers an excellent nutritional and amino acid profile. Pea protein is actually a complete protein source (a complete protein or whole protein is a source of protein that contains an adequate proportion of all 9 of the essential amino acids necessary for the dietary needs of humans).It is rich in branched chain amino acids (leucine, isoleucine and valine); lysine (an essential amino acid); glutamine (involved in protein synthesis); and is richer in arginine (involved in immune system function and weight control) than any other commercially available protein.
- Pea are also rich in: vitamins (including vitamin A, riboflavin, niacin, folate, thiamin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, vitamin B6, vitamin C and vitamin K) and minerals (including calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, copper and manganese) and other nutrients, including both soluble and insoluble dietary fibre, lutein (a non-provitamin A carotenoid), phyto-nutrients / phytosterols (especially ß-sitosterol) and antioxidants.
- Peas are low in fat, calories, sodium and contain no cholesterol.
Chicory root extract: Chicory root is rich in a natural vegetable fibre called inulin. Plants like chicory store extra energy in their roots in the form of inulin and other carbohydrates. The inulin in chicory root can be extracted and isolated for use as dietary fibre.
- Supports the absorption of the mineral calcium
- Lowers blood glucose response after eating
- Maintains regularity.
Green tea extract: Green tea is rich in catechin polyphenols. Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), in particular, is a powerful antioxidant. Some studies have shown green tea polyphenols to have a stronger antioxidant action than vitamin C and E. Green tea is also effective at lowering LDL cholesterol and blood pressure levels and inhibiting the abnormal formation of blood clots. In countries where green tea is regularly consumed, there are significantly lower levels of heart disease.
- Green tea is also known to be beneficial for weight loss, because the polyphenols induce thermogenesis and stimulate fat oxidation, boosting the metabolic rate without increasing the heart rate.
Dandelion root powder: Dandelion has been a staple of the traditional herbal pharmacopoeia for centuries. In Europe, it is still respected as the nutritional and medicinal powerhouse that it is. Among other things, dandelion root has been used as a gentle laxative, digestive aid, to treat liver and kidney problems and to relieve inflammation, boils, fever and diarrhoea and to help regulate blood sugar levels. Dandelion root is also known to stimulate the appetite.
Spirulina powder: Spirulina is a highly nutritious blue-green algae. It is primarily used for: boosting the immune system, improving digestion, reducing fatigue and building endurance, cleansing and detoxification, boosting energy levels, controlling appetite, maintaining healthy heart function, supporting the liver and kidneys, reducing inflammation and alleviating allergy symptoms. Spirulina is a complete food that supplies an incredibly wide range of nutrients, including protein, vitamins, minerals, Omega 6 fatty acids, chlorophyll and other phytonutrients.
Acai berry extract:Acai berries have rapidly grown in popularity over recent years, largely because they have finally been recognised in the Western world as being a “superfruit” because of their high nutrient content.
Acai berries have anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-mutagenic properties and are particularly beneficial for:
- the immune system: their dark purple pigment contains plant chemicals called anthocyanins (powerful antioxidants that are part of the flavonoid family of molecules and are important for neutralising harmful free radicals)
- supporting the heart: acai berries are a rich source of protein and dietary fibre, which are believed to have a protective effect on the cardiovascular system lowering cholesterol levels
- lowering cholesterol levels: acai berries are a rich source of Omega 6 and Omega 9 fatty acids and phytosterols, which play an important role in lowering the levels of cholesterol in the blood.
As such, for best results of Vegan Pea Protein Powder Blend it should ideally be combined with our High Fibre Formula powder for a filling drink, high in dietary fiber and our Natural and 100% Vegan and natural fat burners for a healthy slimming which:
- are dairy-free
- are non-GMO
- contain no added sugar
- contain no artificial colours
- contain no artificial sweeteners etc.
500g powder per pot
As a drink: Mix 1 serving (25g = 4 heaped teaspoons or 1 scoop) into water, fruit, vegetable juices etc. It can also be blended with berries and fruits, added to juices or sprinkled onto cereals for that extra nutritional boost and sweetness.
PeaNourish is a delicious dairy and sugar free pea protein with added culinary herbals. It can be added to a liquid of your choice and enjoyed at breakfast, lunch or any time of day.
NOTE: Vegan Pea Protein Powder Blend contains 20 servings. Reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ / 2000kcal) (%RI* = Reference Intake).
Ingredients (dried, powdered):
Pea Protein Isolate, Fibre (Chicory root), Green Tea Extract (Camellia Sinensis), Dandelion Root Powder, Spirulina Powder, Acai Berry 4:1 Extract, Stabiliser (Xanthan Gum), Sweetener (Steviol Glycosides).
Nutritional Information per 100g
Energy – 1600kJ/382 kcal
Fat – 6.7g
– of which:
– Saturates – 1.7g
– Monounsaturates – 2.8g
– Polyunsaturates – 2.0g
Carbohydrate – 3.1g
– of which sugar – 2.6g
Fibre – 10.5g
Protein – 72.2g
Salt – 1.95g
Contains no: gluten, added sugar, dairy, lactose, soya product, Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs), colours, additives or preservatives.
Hypoallergenic – produced using no chemical solvents.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.